And you have to know what you’re aiming for in order to know if you’re hitting the mark, right? So, here’s some common goals for social media marketing:
- Increased Brand Awareness. Creating brand awareness is one of the most common social media goals and an important step in marketing a new product or service. Social media can be used to spread the word about your new product or service offering, and improve public perception of your brand.
- Reputation Management. Ensure that your brand is not being bashed, but in the most favorable light as possible. One negative review or comment could be enough to be disqualified from an opportunity.
- Engagement. Creating a dialog between you and your audience that is engaging while staying top of mind is key.
- Improved Search Engine Rankings. Social media can improve your natural search engine ranking building brand awareness and support multiple brand exposures.
- Increased Relevant Visitor Traffic. Engaged visitors that are familiar with or know your brand are generally more valuable that those that are not.
- Improved online conversion performance. Whether your website conversion is defined as a lead, transaction or new account, social media can contribute to improved conversion performance.
Defining goals is the one of the first step in any marketing campaign. And make sure they are “SMART” goals. Next we’ll examine the “M” in SMART to understand what top things to measure and track.-->